Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE718727
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
Looking for your next opportunity to work in an exciting, dynamic and high-paced environment? Come join the Integrity Education Team at Standards and Integrity Directorate! We support staff to build a culture inclusive of integrity in every Department of Education workplace.
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
The Role and our Branch
The Professional Standards and Conduct Division is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic Consultant Integrity Education to join the Standards and Integrity Branch.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The Consultant - Integrity Education will provide a consultancy service, including operational information and advice, to Departmental staff in relation to risk and misconduct management whilst maintaining and monitoring the Working with Children Check Recording System to record, track and monitor the Department’s compliance with the requirements of the Working with Children (Criminal Record Checking) Act 2004.
The successful applicant will liaise with key stakeholders within the Department to promote acceptance of the misconduct management process whilst contributing to the development of proactive education strategies and programs consistent with the Standards and Integrity Directorate strategic plans. The successful applicant will research, evaluate and report on risk and misconduct management matters to identify critical issues and trends and provide input to strategic planning, policies, reports and briefings whilst providing administrative support for the organisation of professional learning activities, including promotion and scheduling. The successful applicant will design, develop and present professional learning programs, including presentations to pre-service teachers, workshops and seminars whilst administering the Department’s on-line course in Accountable and Ethical Decision Making, including contract management.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria
- Well developed oral and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment to deliver services across a range of internal and external sites and with a variety of stakeholder groups.
- Well developed research skills and the ability to interpret legislation and policy, and develop and implement a range of strategies and initiatives related to risk and misconduct management.
- Well developed organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks to meet conflicting deadlines
Shortlisted applicants will have their skills and experiences in relation to the remaining selection criteria assessed in the further stages of the recruitment process. Remaining selection criteria can be found on the attached Job Description Form (JDF).
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Adam Clarke, Principal Consultant by telephoning (08) 9264 4934 or emailing Adam.Clarke2@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4934.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- complete a declaration prior to employment and annually thereafter disclosing any previous disciplinary findings, criminal charges or convictions, and ongoing conflicts of interest
- provide a statement from previous employer/s with regard to any disciplinary findings
- possess or progressing towards a Certificate IV in Training and Education
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 24 January 2022
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position..