Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS722978
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Esperance Senior High School (SHS) is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated individual who is passionate about working with young adults in an agricultural education environment. The successful applicant will ideally possess excellent organisational skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of our busy team.
The position is a live-in position on the school farm site, with housing provided.
The successful applicant will ideally possess strong leadership capacity; high level interpersonal, collaborative, communication and team skills; positive relationship building capacity with staff and students, including at-risk students; experience in effective farm management and training skills; the ability to plan strategically and innovatively; the capacity to manage and coordinate farm enterprises across the Esperance Farm Training Centre and the agricultural demonstration block on the town site; the ability to effectively plan, develop, implement, monitor and review farm budgets; and accuracy in maintaining, monitoring, recording and reporting on agricultural databases and enterprises.
The Farm Supervisor is also responsible for the performance management of Technical Officers; the creation and monitoring of Technical Officers’ and student farm work rosters; involvement in extra-curricular activities like agricultural shows; and the collaborative planning, coordinating and delivering of educational and training programs and assessment tools relevant to the primary industry curriculum.
Esperance SHS offers a comprehensive secondary education from Years 7 to 12, and provides a range of curriculum subject choices and exciting extra-curricular activities. Esperance lies in the South-East of Western Australia, some 730 kilometres from Perth. The town has won awards for its stunning natural environment and is one of Western Australia’s best kept tourist secrets. The school has a reputation for providing strong academic and vocational programs and for offering a wide choice of courses to meet a variety of student learning needs. Students consistently achieve to a high level in a variety of programs, including in final Year 12 Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) and Vocational Education and Training (VET) pathway results.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Knowledge, experience and competency to manage an agricultural enterprise/farm. (Relevant to the requirements of the School).
- Knowledge and understanding of AQTF requirements and the ability to deliver and assess effective training programs in agriculture and related areas.
- Skills and experience in financial accountability, including budget preparation, monitoring and reporting.
- Ability to prepare, implement and manage business plans and to provide comprehensive reports.
- Sound written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, and ability to provide leadership, establish and maintain effective working relationships within a team environment.
- Leadership ability, including supervising and developing staff and in adhering to occupational safety and health requirements in an agricultural setting.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Esperance Senior High School can be found by visiting www.esperanceshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Ian Masarei, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Esperance, by telephoning (08) 9071 9555 or emailing Ian.Masarei@education.wa.edu.au.
During the school holiday period, please contact Ian Masarei on 0407 752 468.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Hold an appropriate post-secondary qualification in management, agriculture or other relevant area;
- Hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent, or commit to complete the Certificate within 12 months of commencement;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Reside on site or negotiate accommodation arrangements at the local level; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Friday, 21 January 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.