Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH717610
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Do you know your impact? Are you a lifelong learner committed to developing your professional skills? Are you Trauma Informed? Do you have a Growth Mindset? Do you want to be part of a dynamic collaborative team? If so, we want you!
Ocean Road Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated Performing Arts teacher to join our friendly team.
At Ocean Road PS, we are committed to creating a learning environment where everybody within our school community can develop the skill and the will necessary to successfully access and apply knowledge enabling them to become effective citizens in our ever-changing world. Ocean Road PS caters for over 650 students from broad ranging socio-economic backgrounds.
The opportunities for professional growth at our school are significant, with various opportunities to build self-capacity. The successful applicant will build trusting quality relationships with students, parents and staff. You should work effectively in a trusting team environment that links with whole school visions and priorities. Our core values of Kindness, Resilience, Responsibility and Respect, and our dedication to “Put Children First” underpin everything we do. The health and wellbeing of staff and students is paramount.
As a Performing Arts teacher at Ocean Road PS you will implement an integrated music program for students of mixed abilities and educational needs using a variety of technologies. You will ideally possess the skills to support and encourage our students to achieve the aims outlined in the Western Australian Curriculum.
You will establish and mentor the whole school choir producing engaging performances for the school and local community. The successful applicant will establish the school band and promote the talents of Ocean Road PS at community festivals and events. As the Performing Arts Specialist you will liaise with the School of Instrumental Music to enable their programs to be delivered in the school. A qualification in Music, Dance or Drama would be advantageous.
Teachers at Ocean Road PS have knowledge of, and are committed to:
- Research based teaching approaches
- Creating 21 Century Learning Environments (Inquiry, Innovation and Critical and Creative Thinking)
- Instructional Intelligences (Classroom Management and Instructional Strategies)
- Visible Learning (Learning Intentions and Success Criteria; Four levels of Feedback; and Effect Sizes)
- Professional Learning Communities (Guided and Viable Curriculum and Collective Teacher Efficacy)
- Aboriginal and Cultural Standards Framework
- Response to Intervention
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ocean Road Primary School can be found by visiting www.oceanroadps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition of Experience and Qualifications
For further job related information:
Please contact Narelle Finlay, Deputy Principal, by telephoning (08) 9584 7150 or emailing Narelle.Finlay@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 6 December 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.