Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS716233
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022 with possible extension (12 months) and/or permanency
Are you an organised and motivated individual looking for a rewarding opportunity?
Wyalkatchem District High School (DHS) is seeking a reliable and dedicated Manager Corporate Services (MCS) to join their friendly team.
The successful applicant will work closely with the Principal to establish and be responsible for the financial, physical and human resource processes of the school. You will work with the Administration Support Team who are focussed on delivering improved outcomes for the school community, and who share a strong team ethos and a solutions focussed outlook.
The successful applicant ideally will be able to work independently with autonomy. You will oversee the business operations and work collaboratively with a team, embedding the school culture and ethos. You will ideally be flexible and reliable and have excellent conceptual, interpersonal, communication, staff management and problem solving skills.
The MCS will be responsible for implementing sound consistent management and budgeting practices and systems. You will also review current school financial practices and implement improvements. The successful applicant will ideally foster effective human resource management practices and display strategic oversight and effective management of buildings, facilities and assets at the school.
You will ideally have the ability to work in a collaborative and dynamic team environment committed to building quality communication with all stakeholders, including Department of Education representatives, parents, Teachers, Education Assistants, Parents and Citizens (P&C), outside businesses and community groups.
Wyalkatchem DHS, in the Central Wheatbelt, caters for Kindergarten students through to Year 10. We focus on maximising individual potential, academic and social so that students can later excel in the workplace and become active, confident and valued participants in society.
Our teachers are caring and committed, providing quality education but also a happy, safe and fun learning environment helping each child achieve to the best of their ability. Staff continually seek to improve their teaching skills and enhance learning.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Leadership skills in the delivery of business outcomes and sound customer service principles and practices.
- Well developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to use effective negotiation skills.
- Sound financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Sound human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- Ability to provide input into the development, implementation and monitoring of business and marketing plans.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Wyalkatchem District High School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Colin Fergusson, Principal for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Wyalkatchem, by telephoning (08) 9692 1500 or emailing Colin.Fergusson@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 3 December 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.