Please be advised that as of 1:45pm Wednesday, 24 November 2021, an amendment has been made to the content of the advertisement.
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS716883
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022 with possible extension and/or permanency
South Kalgoorlie Primary School (PS) are seeking a motivated and organised School Officer to join their friendly team.
As School Officer you will be the first point of contact for our school and will be responsible for completing administrative duties including greeting all visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. The successful applicant will ideally have a friendly, positive and caring attitude and possess the qualities to promote excellence within our school and to interact with parents and the wider community. In this role you will be responsible for supporting the Manager Corporate Services in administering the schools marketing, financial, physical and human resources whilst upholding confidentiality and security of sensitive material.
You will provide assistance to other members of the school administration team with maintaining school databases, records and management information systems to ensure they are accurate and up to date.
At South Kalgoorlie PS, we value and recognise the diversity of our students and each of their individual needs. We strive to enable each student to achieve their personal best and to ensure that they are challenged and engaged in all parts of the learning process. We are a large Level 5 Independent Public School embedded in the dynamic South Kalgoorlie community where new things are always happening and great things are celebrated.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about South Kalgoorlie Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Katherine Grant, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Kalgoorlie, by telephoning (08) 9092 5800 or emailing Katherine.Grant@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Friday, 10 December 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.