Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE717995
This is a permanent part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
The Role and our Branch
City Beach Residential College is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Laundry Hand.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The Laundry Hand will ensure all laundering tasks are performed and completed within the time allocated whilst ensuring laundry is sorted out into different categories for appropriate washing machine cycles. The successful applicant will ensure all washed, dried and pressed clothing items are neatly folded and returned to their respective storage areas whilst cleaning up the laundry floor, washing machines and cupboards.
The successful applicant will maintain a sufficient supply of laundry detergents and supplies whilst assisting in keeping all washing machines, dryers, irons and other electrical equipment in good working. You will make arrangements for students to recover unmarked clothing whilst ensuring occupational health and safety standards are maintained and undertake mixed functions as required.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Ability to carry out the duties of a laundry hand to a high standard.
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills, including the ability to work effectively with youth and as part of a team.
- Ability to uphold appropriate health and safety standards.
- Flexibility in response to changing work needs.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Shaun Breukelaar, Manager - Manager - City Beach Residential College by telephoning (08 9237 7500 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A one (1) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on day, Friday 3 December 2021.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.