Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/DP717775
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Are you a passionate educator? Do you want to make a difference in the life of Aboriginal students? Are you looking for a motivating and challenging job? If this sounds like you then this is the job for you!
Mullewa District High School (DHS) has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Deputy Principal – Student Wellbeing who will work closely with the Principal to share the school’s vision and moral purpose with staff, students and community.
As the Deputy Principal – Student Wellbeing, you will support the Principal to ensure the School Development Direction is embedded school wide, while working closely with students, staff and families to support positive social and emotional outcomes for our students. In addition, your role will involve the continuing implementation of our Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) Tier 1 and Tier 2 strategies, as well as assisting staff and external agencies with regard to student health and social outcomes using a case management approach. Knowledge and understanding of trauma informed practices and working with Aboriginal students and their families is highly desirable.
Being a Deputy Principal at Mullewa DHS, you will have an exciting opportunity to further develop your leadership skills through your involvement in our school’s learning programs such as Fogarty Edvance, PBS, Explicit Direct Instruction (EDI) initiative, and the MultiLit Closing the Gap Initiative. Additionally, you will have a unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of all our students.
We are looking for someone who is aware and responsive of Aboriginal students’ needs and who will support and lead staff with classroom management skills, focusing on explicit teaching of school expected behaviours.
Mullewa DHS, located 99km east of Geraldton, is a diverse and resilient community, rich in both natural and cultural heritage. Mullewa has a swimming pool, Recreation Centre with a small gym, doctors’ surgery, hospital, two service stations - one with a mechanic, a food shop and three art galleries. Living within an hour’s drive to the city of Geraldton, you can enjoy shopping, beaches and other social activities. Mullewa is the gateway to the Murchison and enjoys amazing wild flowers in the right season.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings.
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes.
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Mullewa District High School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Nicki Patterson, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Mullewa, by telephoning (08) 9961 1114 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two to three (2-3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch.
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 1 December 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.