Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS713683
This is a permanent part-time (0.8FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022
Are you committed to achieving excellence?
Aveley Secondary College (SC) is seeking to appoint an Information Resource Officer with excellent attention to detail to join our team in 2022.
The successful applicant will supervise the day-to-day operation of the library (Information Resource Centre). They will administer library systems, ensure library records are up-to date as well as whole school resources lists are maintained and processed efficiently so they are accessible and available. They will also provide a support service which ensures library digital technology and resources are ready for teacher and student use.
The Information Resource Officer will also be responsible for coordinating and cataloguing the school’s library resources. This will entail working closely with teachers and head of learning areas to source relevant curriculum materials.
In this role the successful applicant will liaise with other school staff on various software applications, use of digital technology and library equipment. As the Information Resource Officer you will assist in preparing and monitoring the library budget and make recommendations for new library resources and technologies. You will also assist students to select appropriate materials from the library and access school resources.
Aveley SC opened in 2018. The college has a current enrolment of over 1060 students. It will continue with an additional cohort each year until 2023 when it will have the full range from Years 7 to 12. There is a strong progressive and future focused approach in meeting student needs. Innovation and collaboration are a key factor of the schools’ approach which has established a reputation for excellence. The College has a large infrastructure of ICT and is a BYOD school. It is part of a Private Public Partnership and works with external providers for its services for cleaning and maintenance.
Our college offers a diverse range of Academy courses for students that operate as extra curricula options. We provide state-of-the-art facilities including spacious general classrooms, dedicated science labs, cooking and textiles rooms including a commercial kitchen, sports hall, playing courts and oval. Our facilities also include a dedicated specialist Education Support Hub and staff for students with high needs. With the opening of our stage 2 build this year the college now boasts superior Visual and Performing Arts facilities.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively liaise to staff at all levels and apply customer service principles and practices.
- Sound analytical skills and the ability to resolve basic information and communication technology problems.
- Ability to use computers and a range of information management systems and application software packages including databases, spread-sheets and word processing.
- Sound knowledge, skills and experience in library procedures using automated library systems and the use of multimedia and audio-visual equipment.
- Sound organisational skills and the ability to use initiative and work with minimum supervision.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Aveley Secondary College can be found by visiting aveleysc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Anne Gilchrist, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6296 1000 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3)pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2)work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 2 December 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.