Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP715657
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Dianella Secondary College (SC) is seeking a strategic and innovative leader to join our executive leadership team in the position of Deputy Principal. A main focus will be Teaching and Learning and the role will be well suited to an exemplary and high performing secondary leader who has a strong track record in managing change in developing a culture of reflection, collaboration and innovation in the classroom.
The Deputy Principal will be an integral member of the school’s executive team and will work closely with the Principal to strategically plan, innovate and promote the school’s vision, mission and values in the school community.
The successful applicant should have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and a commitment to achieving exceptional educational outcomes for all students. Ideally these skills will see you negotiate effectively and develop and maintain strong relationships with staff and students. As the successful applicant you would establish a performance and development culture through a deep understanding of leading experienced staff and build their confidence to explore and excel in cultivating their practices.
The successful applicant would develop and lead the school’s teaching and learning framework. Ideally you will be an expert in current pedagogical research and the role that leaders play in transforming learning. You will also be responsible for staffing, student achievement and school timetable.
With a school-wide focus on student achievement, you will identify and implement professional learning opportunities for staff that are aligned with staff learning plans and school priorities. Through the provision of regular and effective feedback, you should review, monitor and motivate staff to keep their skills current through the use of research and new technologies. Dianella SC is a Compass school and an understanding of Compass would be considered advantageous.
As a member of the school’s executive team, you should establish and maintain collaborative and respectful relationships with the school community, ensuring all students’ needs are met. Through building a culture of trust and collaboration, you should encourage staff and student feedback to contribute to decision making.
Dianella SC, situated in Perth's northern suburbs, is a rich and vibrant multi-cultural environment that has a long history of producing successful and committed community members. Your child will have access to a varied curriculum that provides them the opportunity to explore and develop their own individual talents and passions.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Dianella SC can be found by visiting dsc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Deb Unwin, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9345 9200 or emailing Debra.Unwin@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 1 December 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.