Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS711759
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022
Millars Well Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a dedicated and enthusiastic Aboriginal and Islander Education Officer (AEIO) to join their friendly team.
As the AIEO, you will provide support and effective assistance to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, their parents/guardians, teachers, the school and the community through the knowledge, understanding and sharing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander history, language and culture. Part of the role will be to act as a liaison between the community and the school in order to develop an education program that is relevant to both educational and cultural needs.
Millars Well PS provides a collaborative, safe, and vibrant school environment that empowers our students to realise their full potential as happy, independent and responsible members of our society.
We have a strong focus on values, literacy and numeracy. Our staff are dedicated professionals and believe every student has the ability to be successful. We provide a safe, happy environment for our students so they can develop a lifelong love of learning.
Our school motto is 'Friendship and Achievement' and this is reflected in our social, emotional and academic learning programs. We teach our students values, excellence, respect, inclusivity and diversity, access and participation.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with students, teachers, parents, community members and professional staff on the provision and development of educational programs.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact on a range of levels in a variety of settings and with different audiences, including community members, teaching and other professionals.
- Ability to contribute to a school-level team and to provide multi-cultural direction in the development of the educational program, development of language resources, and evaluation of education and behaviour management programs.
- Ability to effectively assist teachers in implementing educational and behaviour management programs.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Millars Well Primary School can be found by visiting www.millarswellps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Tammy Brown, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Baynton, by telephoning (08) 9187 6900 or emailing Tammy.Brown@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Pursuant of Section 50(d) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984, the occupant of this position must be of Aboriginal descent.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 30 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.