Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE714578
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
- Rent free housing
- A great country town lifestyle
- No work commitments over most school holidays
The Role and our Branch
The Residential Colleges branch is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, dedicated and highly motivated College Manager for Merredin Residential College, one of nine residential colleges across Western Australia.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
As College Manager you will be caring, organised and enthusiastic with a genuine desire to assist young people complete their education while living away from home and family. The College Manager is required to live in accommodation provided on site and is responsible for the delivery of a high quality boarding service and will be expected to build positive relationships with all stakeholders.
The College Manager is responsible for the line management of the supervisory, administration and ancillary staff at the College, and is required to provide leadership and management to ensure the college has a well-functioning team to deliver the required boarding service to students.
Who are we
Visit our website to understand more about Merredin Residential College https://www.education.wa.edu.au/web/merredinresidentialcollege/home
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Capacity to work effectively with secondary students, promoting health, safety, welfare and appropriate behaviour.
- Effective organisational skills and the capacity to provide leadership.
- Sound written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a team environment.
- Sound financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Sound human resource management skills, including staff recruitment and selection and performance management.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Daniel Sudlow, Manager Residential Colleges by telephoning (08) 9264 5432 or emailing Daniel.Sudlow@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A maximum three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- work according to rostered hours which may include nights, weekends and public holidays
- obtain (prior to first rostered shift working with students) and maintain a current:
- First Aid Certificate – Provide CPR (HLTAID001);
- First Aid Certificate – Provide First Aid (HLTAID003);
- within six months of commencements of employment obtain and maintain a current
- LR Class Driver’s Licence and a Passenger Transport Driver (PTD) authorisation;
- Aquatic Rescue for Group III Pool Award*;
- Surf Rescue Certificate*; and
- Obtain a Certificate IV in Community Services – Student Residential Care (CHC42015) within six months of commencement of employment
* Dependent on operational requirements as determined by Manager Residential Colleges.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 30 November 2021.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.