Please note that as of 2:15pm on Monday, 22 November 2021, the closing date has been extended.
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS716320
Mosman Park Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners in Charge (CIC) for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 4, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 4, 2022.
Mosman Park PS is co-located with the Mosman Park School for Deaf Children and provides a stimulating and safe environment where children have the opportunity to fully develop their academic, social, emotional, physical and creative skills. Children’s individual differences are accommodated through an inclusive approach to education. Mosman Park PS and Mosman Park School for Deaf Children have a combined school population of 476 students from K – Year 6 with a strong community focus.
The CIC ensures school facilities are cleaned and maintained in accordance with Department procedure. They organise and order stock and cleaning equipment as well as manage hazardous materials, manage cleaning staff, purchase and undertake stocktake of cleaning resources.
As CIC you would be responsible for the locking and unlocking of the school, including setting the security alarm system, working a split shift - before school hours and after school hours. In addition, you will carry out internal and external cleaning duties as required. Additionally, you will be required to coordinate and participate in vacation cleaning duties, which may include the stripping and sealing of vinyl and timber floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of veranda’s and undercover areas, and other such duties as required. You will be responsible for highlighting issues and concerns on behalf of cleaners.
Suitable applicant will ideally have good communication and interpersonal skills and preferably, experience in supervising staff. You will ideally be a highly motivated and proactive person who takes pride in being responsible for providing a high standard of cleanliness within the workplace in order to provide a visually pleasing and safe learning environment for our students, staff and visitors to the school.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Mosman Park Primary School please visit mosmanparkps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Grazyna McGovan, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6458 7700 or emailing Grazyna.McGovan@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents or;
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 8 December 2021
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.