Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/TCH710935
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Toodyay District High School (DHS) is seeking a motivated and engaging Health and Physical Education Teacher to join their friendly and supportive team.
The successful applicant will ideally be able to work and teach in a team environment, be committed to whole school approaches and initiatives and have a strong evidence based teaching approach. We are seeking applicants who can create a learning environment that is differentiated, challenging, caring and creative and that caters for the range of needs so all students may achieve and progress.
The successful applicant will possess understanding and professional knowledge relevant to the Health and Physical Education curriculum and have experience in outdoor activity pursuits to support secondary learning programs. This role is primarily teaching outside of the classroom and will require strong organisational skills to organise both school and interschool carnivals in athletics and swimming, while also attending various secondary camps as part of the part of the SES Cadet program. A willingness to gain the necessary certification, if required, is desirable.
Graduate teachers are encouraged to apply.
Toodyay DHS, 85kms east of Perth, Western Australia, in the historic Avon Valley caters for Kindergarten to Year 10 students. Our specialist teachers in Secondary School deliver a diverse curriculum, enabling students to successfully proceed to Senior Schooling.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Toodyay District High School can be found by visiting www.toodyaydhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact David Ball, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Toodyay, by telephoning (08) 9578 2000 or emailing David.Ball@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 16 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.