Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS707177
Roseworth Primary School (PS) are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
As the Cleaner you will be responsible for carrying out internal and external cleaning duties which will include window cleaning, dusting and removal of cobwebs. You will communicate with the Cleaner-In-Charge and follow directions to complete other cleaning duties as instructed.
Suitable applicants will ideally have good attention to detail and will be able to work well with others to ensure a clean and safe school environment. It is highly desirable that the suitable applicants be organised, reliable and punctual. Suitable applicants should work well both individually and as part of a team and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices.
At Roseworth PS, we provide a safe, inclusive and supportive learning environment for our students to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence necessary to achieve their individual potential.
We share a site with Roseworth Education Support Centre and Roseworth Child and Parent Centre, bringing together health and education services to support our families.
Our Child and Parent Centre offers parenting workshops, child and maternal health services, playgroups, early learning programs, counselling and family support.
Our school grounds include basketball/tennis courts, and the school oval. Playground equipment and shade are features of the school play areas. The school grounds are unique with the addition of four large colourful sculptures placed on concrete plinths in the centre of the school grounds. Ample paved and grassed areas provide our students with the room to enjoy their play in a safe environment.
Through its distinctive architectural design, vibrant use of colour, innovative building materials and creative artworks and landscaping our school offers facilities of which the community can be proud.
We are an Independent Public School, located in the northern suburb of Girrawheen.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Roseworth PS please visit roseworthps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online or download the relevant attachment below.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Tracey Evans, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9338 2540 or emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 5 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED