Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE710133
This is a permanent full-time position commencing November, 2021
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
The Role and our Branch
The Infrastructure Division is seeking to appoint a Land Planning Officer to the Asset Planning and Services Branch.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
As the successful applicant, you will oversee the public primary school site contributions system for the Directorate, including collection of monetary contributions from private land developers or landowners. You will process the application and collection of pro-rata contributions from developers and maintain the contributions program through the use of various systems. A key responsibility of the role is to review subdivision applications and where relevant, ensure that the application of developer contributions as a condition of statutory planning approvals to facilitate mandatory collection.
The Land Planning Officer will review land valuation reports submitted by developers or landowners in order to determine the developer contribution amount and liaise with relevant parties where a land valuation is disputed. As the successful applicant you will also coordinate distribution of local government authority town planning correspondence to officers, maintain a document register and record them in the Department’s records management system.
The Infrastructure Division has responsibility for the planning and provision of facilities (land, buildings and equipment), which includes land planning, student enrolment forecasting and facilities planning, strategic asset management, capital works programs, maintenance and minor works programs and provision of facilities related services.
The Asset Planning and Services Directorate is responsible for the development of strategic asset plans, policies and processes within an asset planning framework, long term land planning for schools and the management of the Department’s land estate. The Directorate also provides services to schools on security and emergency management, environmental services, statistical and demographic planning services and property management.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria:
- Sound skills and experience in land development planning processes.
- Sound skills and experience in financial processes and procedures and in the use of related computer application processes.
- Sound skills and experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with individuals and groups to achieve required program/project outcomes.
- Sound oral and written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills, including the ability to establish good client relationships and provide quality client service.
- Sound conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to identify problems and develop solutions
Shortlisted applicants will have their skills and experiences in relation to the remaining selection criteria assessed in the further stages of the recruitment process. Remaining selection criteria can be found on the attached Job Description Form (JDF).
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Ikmal Ahmad, Principal Consultant – Land Planning by telephoning (08) 9264 4435 or emailing Ikmal.Ahmad@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) Friday, 5 November 2021
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.