Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS678832
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2021
Armadale Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint a dedicated and efficient Manager Corporate Services to join their leadership team.
As Manager Corporate Services you will have responsibility for the successful delivery of all corporate operations, with oversight and responsibility for all financial, physical and human resource processes. In collaboration with the Principal and other members of the leadership team, you will provide vital input to the development of the school’s workforce and business plans, including timely feedback on the school’s financial position and performance.
To be successful in the role, you will ideally possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, sound financial management skills and strategic administration experience including the ability to meet all audit requirements. Naturally, you will possess outstanding organisational skills and the ability to plan and prioritise within your areas of responsibility.
Armadale SHS is a unique and dynamic high school nestled at the base of the Darling Ranges situated 40km from Perth. As an Independent Public School, Armadale SHS seeks to aspire, strive and achieve in all areas of performance, student engagement and academic achievement. Students are encouraged to perform to the highest standard across all learning areas and are supported in pastoral care areas by our dedicated Student Engagement and Support (SES) team. The school’s outstanding facilities and dedicated teachers combine to ensure that all students are given access to a wide-range of courses that are delivered to a very high standard.
With our “Aspire” extension pathway in Years 7 to 10, high flying students are able to participate in a tailored and enriched program that extends the standard curriculum, in preparation for University studies. Our Department of Education-endorsed Specialist Programs in Visual Arts and Technologies provide a tailored and highly-stimulating pathway to careers within the creative industries. Combined with our Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, which provide hands-on access to industry level training in the physical recreation, hospitality, automotive and engineering sectors, graduates from Armadale SHS are well-equipped to have the best start in the workforce or further study.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- High-level human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and processes.
- High-level financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to understand and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- High-level written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Experience in the application of high-level customer service principles and practices.
- Experience in effective leadership of a team.
- Ability to provide high-level human resource consultancy and financial advice in the development, implementation and management of business and marketing plans.
- Well-developed problem solving and risk management skills, including the ability to provide innovative solutions to strategic and complex problems and issues.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Armadale Senior High School can be found by visiting www.ashs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Carol Daniels, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9497 6400 or emailing Carol.Daniels@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 25 June 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.