Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE681279
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
The System Performance Branch is seeking to appoint a highly dedicated and motivated individual to the role of Senior Consultant - System Performance Reporting
Applicants that previously applied to vacancy DOE671329 need not apply.
The Senior Consultant - System Performance Reporting will write and edit the Annual Report and sections of other performance reports, ensuring that they satisfy their mandatory reporting requirements whilst sourcing, analysing, verifying, interpreting and reporting system-level performance information for the Annual Report and other Department, State and national reports and requests.
The successful applicant will interpret public sector requirements related to corporate reporting whilst developing, coordinating and implementing strategies necessary to fulfil the Department’s reporting obligations, particularly in relation to the Annual Report and various internal and national reports. You will negotiate with senior officers to gather and collate information from other business units required to meet the Department’s performance information and reporting requirements. The successful applicant will prepare briefings for the Minister, Director General and other members of Corporate Executive in relation to system performance, including reporting on data trends and comparisons.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Highly developed written communication and report editing skills and considerable experience with preparing Executive or ministerial briefings and/or corporate reporting within a government context.
- Highly developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively consult and negotiate with stakeholders at all levels and work as part of a team.
- Highly developed conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to conduct desktop research to verify information.
- Highly developed organisational skills with the ability to deliver agreed outcomes within specified timeframes.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Elspeth MacKay, Principal Consultant - System Performance Reporting by telephoning (08) 9264 5802 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the selection criteria, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 25 May 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED