Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS683705
Are you a passionate bookworm who can make reading fun, exciting and engaging for all students?
Tom Price Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated Library Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2022.
As a Library Officer you will be responsible for the provision of reference information and maintaining the resources, environment and associated services of the school library to support the learning outcomes of students. The Library officer also administers the library systems ensuring library records are up to date and library resources are maintained and processed so they are accessible and available to students and staff at all times.
Suitable applicants will ideally possess good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practises and good interpersonal skills with the ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment. Ideally, you will possess the ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spread sheets and word processing with experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively. Applicants would ideally have a sound understanding of administering social media and/or web pages.
At Tom Price SHS children are provided with a quality education through an extensive Year 7 to Year 12 program. This includes the opportunity to be a part of the Pilbara CoRE program (Centre of Resource Excellence) - a secondary school specialist STEM course which focuses on the Pilbara's leading role in the mining and resources industry.
As Tom Price SHS is a small high school it provides the opportunity to form positive relationships with students and staff. Our staff have a sense of humour and willingness to join a committed group of staff looking to maximise opportunities for students. Tom Price provides a great location for staff wanting to be part of the community, either sporting or in a voluntary way.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spread sheets and word processing.
- Experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Tom Price Senior High School can be found by visiting www.tompriceshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Barbara O’Neill, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Tom Price by telephoning (08) 9188 3650 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 17 May 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.