Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA683205
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 3, 2021 with possible extension (12 months) and/or permanency
Esperance Senior High School (SHS) are seeking an experienced administrator to work in collaboration with the Principal and administration team to provide educational leadership to the school and community by implementing and promoting our Follow the Dream program.
Esperance SHS is a school with a strong community that creates opportunities for personal excellence. We live by this vision, ensuring your child reaches their full potential academically, culturally, personally and socially.
Follow the Dream: Partnerships for Success is a support program for aspirational Aboriginal students. The program aims to support Indigenous students to excel academically, complete secondary school and achieve entrance to university. Although university entrance is the primary goal, the program also supports students to achieve other tertiary placements, such as vocational education and training (VET), an apprenticeship or traineeship, or the employment of their choice.
The role of the Program Coordinator involves identifying students for participation in the program and then monitoring and supporting their progress. This involves working closely with classroom teachers and within classrooms to ensure student academic success and general wellbeing. The Program Coordinator is also responsible for encouraging students, school staff, volunteers from the community and others to share ownership of the Program’s vision and goals.
Additionally, the Program Coordinator will work with students providing subject advice and career guidance as well as organising extra-curricular activities and selecting and supporting tutors in the enrichment centre. Other responsibilities of the Program Coordinator are to contribute to the development of the school plan through participative decision making, including assisting in developing policy and establishing and maintaining systems.
The successful applicant will also undertake administrative duties related to the Follow the Dream program and have the ability to work effectively with key stakeholders including a number of ‘outreach’ schools, local steering committees, parents and school staff. As well, the successful applicamt will possess an understanding of the program intent, requirements and an appreciation of issues regarding Aboriginal education, students and cultural perspectives.
Catering for students from Years 7 to 12, our school provides strong academic and vocational pathways leading to the attainment of an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR), Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualifications or future employment. Our broad range of programs allows our students to achieve their best, regardless of the path they wish to pursue.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of teaching and learning practices, particularly relating to Aboriginal students and their communities.
- Extensive skills and experience in developing, implementing and evaluating learning programs and strategies at a school, region or system level.
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
- Ability to provide strategic leadership that builds capacity, deals effectively with change and generates innovative solutions related to achieving educational outcomes.
- Highly developed written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to conduct research, prepare reports and establish effective working relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve planned outcomes.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Esperance Senior High School can be found by visiting www.esperanceshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Ian Masarei, Principal for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Esperance, by telephoning (08) 9071 9555 or emailing Ian.Masarei@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 17 May 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.