Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS659762
Mindarie Senior College is seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year.
As our Workplace Learning Officer you will be responsible for liaising with students, parents and employers to achieve high levels of Workplace Learning and work experience outcomes. Other responsibilities of this role may include liaising with outside agencies to establish, develop and support school based traineeships/apprenticeships and achieving positive outcomes for all Vocational Education and Training (VET) students.
The suitable applicants will possess excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills as well as the ability to collaborate with others in a team environment
Mindarie Senior College is a purpose built senior college designed to meet the educational needs of young adults completing Years 11 and 12. At Mindarie Senior College, your child will learn in a safe, inclusive environment that is supported by a mentoring program, and academic support strategies and monitoring, to ensure they achieve their personal best.
We provide a comprehensive education with pathways leading to attainment of an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR), Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualifications or future employment. Our broad curriculum ensures your child can pursue their passions, which will engage and motivate them to be productive, independent learners.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Effective planning and organisational skills and experience in providing administrative support.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Mindarie Senior College can be found by visiting www.mindarie.wa.edu.au or Schools Online or by downloading the relevant attachment below.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Rebecca Lavin, Business Support Officer, by telephoning (08) 6207 5505 or emailing Rebecca.Lavin@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement • complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 12 May 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.