Looking to be a Graduate whose work matters?
The Office of the Auditor General serves the public interest by providing Parliament with independent and impartial information about public sector accountability and performance.
The work we do matters to more than 2.7 million people living in Western Australia, and with over 170 State government entities and 148 local government entities, there is plenty of variety in assignments.
You can be part of this and the unique opportunities we offer our people. Some of the reports tabled in Parliament in the last 12 months:
As a Graduate Financial Auditor with our Office, you will receive:
- intensive induction training
- financial support, leave, tutoring and practical experience for qualified accountant status
- ongoing structured formal and informal professional development
- work/life balance with flexible leave and working arrangements
- a public sector career pathway
- a competitive remuneration package
- exposure to interesting, varied and rewarding work.
Completion of the program opens opportunities in financial, information systems, compliance and performance auditing.
The Office of the Auditor General is a Recognised Knowledge Partner of CPA Australia; and a Recognised Training Employer with the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
What are we looking for?
Successful candidates for our 2021 Graduate Program will have:
- completed a relevant degree between 2018 and the end of 2020
- a qualification that meets IPA, CPA or CAANZ requirements for Associate Membership
- a competitive course average in accounting and auditing
- availability to commence early February 2021
- a commitment to the Office’s values
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- a demonstrated ability to manage tasks, achieve results and build relationships.
If successful, you will be offered:
- a 12 month contract with a starting salary of $68,256 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
- permanent appointment subject to satisfactory performance
- promotional opportunities.
Ready to apply?
If you are a graduate in finance, accounting or commerce and you are looking for a challenging career that makes a difference, apply for a graduate position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button at the top/bottom of the screen. You will be prompted to complete an online application and attach a copy of your CV together with copies of your academic transcript and proof of residency status. These documents must be attached to be considered.
Interviews are currently scheduled for early August and shortlisted candidates will be contacted the week before with interview times and details. Unsuccessful candidates can obtain feedback at the end of the recruitment process.
For further information regarding this position, please contact Niki Goulios, Senior Human Resources Officer on 6557 7500.
Applications close on Monday 13 July 2020 at 12:00 pm (noon) AEST.
Late and pro-forma applications will not be accepted
The OAG is an equal opportunity employer that supports a work life balance.