Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP616447
Please be advised as of Tuesday 14 January 2020 there has been a change to the commencement date.
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2020
Katanning Senior High School (SHS) is seeking an innovative, energetic and talented leader to join the executive staff. We are seeking to appoint a Deputy Principal – Student Services to become a part of the leadership team and provide educational leadership, operational capabilities and strategic influence that will value add to the school’s culture of high performance and high care.
In collaboration with the Principal, the Deputy Principal will provide educational leadership in the school and the community by developing and promoting the school values, ethos and priorities. A significant responsibility of the Deputy Principal is to embed and maintain aspects of the school culture that promote positive relationships between students, students and staff, engaging parents and caregivers and the wider community in the educational work of the school.
The Deputy Principal will support the leadership team to ensure that all aspects of the Strategic Plan, self-assessment process and Department of Education policies and focus areas are understood, reviewed and that suitable strategies and processes are in place to ensure ongoing improvement and compliance. The continuous improvement of student academic and behaviour outcomes will mean ensuring all students have access to the most effective instructional and behavioural practices and interventions possible.
The school is a Years 7 to 12 campus and has a friendly and welcoming atmosphere and a committed and competent workforce. The school is recognised for its flexible approach to education and training.
Surrounded by a diverse rural landscape, Katanning, about three hours from Perth, has an excellent range of commercial services and is a great place to live.
Applicants should spend time reading the School’s Business Plan and information contained on the website for further contextual information before applying for this position.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Katanning SHS can be found by visiting katanningshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Carolyn Cook, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9821 9800 or during School holidays on 0429181004 or emailing Carolyn.Cook@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement of up to five (5) pages addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch;
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 25 February 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.