Please note: the closing date for this advert has been amended below.
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS614778
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2020 with possible extension and/or permanency
Are you motivated and committed to providing excellent customer service?
Rockingham Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic School Officer to join our friendly team. The successful applicant will possess organisational skills in prioritising and completing complex tasks.
To be suitable for this role you will provide responsive and effective administrative support to the Principal, Associate Principals and Manager Corporate Services. This is a job share role that requires open and effective communication.
Specific responsibilities related to the position involve working closely with the Principal as his Personal Assistant. This role would include but not be limited to organising and monitoring the principals’ appointment calendar, attending meetings to take minutes and maintaining the accuracy of staff information on SIS. You will also be responsible for ensuring the schools policy documentation is current and available for all staff. Other duties include maintaining and archiving of central records, working with Associate Principal to organise NAPLAN and OLNA for the school. Suitable applicants will have knowledge of enrolment processes and procedures.
Rockingham SHS provides excellent academic programs in an exemplary caring environment, for secondary students. The school's vision for teaching and learning is to ensure that our students are provided with every opportunity to learn and grow in a positive and united school culture, while contributing and adding value to the broader school community.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Rockingham Senior High School can be found by visiting www.rockingham.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Linda Phillips, Manager Corporate Services, by calling 0478 409 483 or emailing Linda.Phillips3@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 26 February 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.