Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS610925
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term1, 2020
West Busselton Primary School (PS) is seeking highly skilled, innovative and passionate Student Support Officer to join their vibrant Student Services Team.
The Student Support Officer will work collaboratively with the Student Services team to assist in developing and introducing systems and intervention strategies which provide a responsive and effective support service for students, their family members and staff.
The Student Support Officer will need to demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills and possess the ability to develop supportive links between the student, the family, the school and other appropriate agencies in the community.
West Busselton PS is an Independent Public School that caters for children from Kindergarten to Year 6. Our school has a proud reputation in the wider community for providing a caring and supportive environment that caters for the individual needs of all children. We are a Positive Behaviour school, focusing on the values of Being Respectful, Responsible, Caring and Doing our Best.
Our school provides a comprehensive education across all learning areas. High quality of teaching is a priority of our school. Through whole school planning, we ensure teachers implement a consistent approach to your child's education, ensuring they receive continuity in their learning that is relevant and current. We collect data regularly to ensure our school meets our outcomes and targets, and to track your child's performance.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships.
- Effective planning and organisational skills, with the ability to manage competing prioritises within timelines.
- Good research, conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to identify problems and provide solutions.
- Skills and experience in working with individual or small groups of students experiencing difficulties.
- Knowledge of the youth sector, particularly local organisations and services.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about West Busselton Primary School can be found by visiting www.westbusseltonps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Jamie Adair, Principal by telephoning (08) 9751 8400 or emailing Jamie.Adair@education.wa.edu.au. During the holiday period please contact Jamie on 0421 344 431.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 31 January 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.