Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE606946
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term full-time position commencing ASAP with possible extension
The Business Capability directorate is seeking an enthusiastic person who wants to help build business capability in school and central services staff to join their friendly team.
To be successful in this fixed term opportunity you will need to have sound knowledge of the services and functions of Education Business Services and concepts of capability development. You will have a key role in coordinating the definition and framework for EBS capability accountabilities and standards.
The Senior Capability Building Coordinator develops and implements plans, strategies, systems and tools to enhance the capability and capacity of Principals, Managers Corporate Services and managers across all Divisions in the Department to deliver improved business management.
The Business Capability Directorate leads and advises on systemic reform initiatives, directions and outcomes in relation to school-level and system-level requirements in the transformation of the EBS service model.
The Directorate is responsible for initiating, managing and coordinating programs aimed at enhancing the capability and capacity of Principals, Managers Corporate Services and managers across all Divisions in the Department.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you need to demonstrate the following:
- Highly developed project management skills and experience, including project planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation.
- Highly developed conceptual and analytical skills including the ability to interpret data, identify problems, provide overviews and generate strategies to address issues.
- Highly developed research and investigative skills, including the ability to prepare high-quality briefings and reports related to analysed and interpreted data.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals at all levels.
- Skills and experience in achieving outcomes and delivering quality products and services consistent with customer needs and defined quality expectations.
- Highly developed skills and experience in identifying opportunities to improve product/service delivery and applying quality improvement/risk management principles.
Further information about this position is found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Julie Bassett, Manager, School Corporate Services Development, by telephoning (08) 9264 5107 or by emailing Julie.Bassett2@education.wa.edu.au (not to be contacted for job application packages).
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum of four (4) pages statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 17 January 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED