Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS608841
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Mount Lawley Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic individual with a passion for health and fitness to join their school in the role of Healthy Active Coordinator.
As the Healthy Active Coordinator, you will manage the planning and coordinate the delivery programs and activities that enhance health, fitness and well-being to students. You will also promote these programs within the school and to the school wide community.
The Healthy Active Coordinator role overview;
- manages and coordinates the planning and delivery of key aspects that enhance health; fitness and well-being to students including the day-to-day responsibility of program activities;
- manages the financial budget for the program;
- promotes these programs within the school and to the school’s parent body and wider community;
- identifies, in consultation with staff, participants for these programs, including at-risk students;
- liaises with community groups and Corporate Services Manager to access the school’s facilities;
- identifies and recommends future health and wellbeing activities to the School Executive and leadership groups;
- liaises with relevant service providers, both in the school and in the community, to promote health and wellbeing events;
- assists the Student Services Team with school foci such as uniform loan program, school tours, school events, school promotion, etc;
- manages the School Breakfast Club program;
- manages sports equipment loan program at lunch times;
- manages the Student Wellbeing Committee.
Founded in 1955, MLSHS is located within a residential suburb 5 kilometres north of the Perth CBD. It comprises an award-winning Middle School and separate Senior School. It hosts one of two Gifted and Talented Languages programs in the state, a Specialist Visual and Performing Arts Program, a Jazz Music program and also offers the Aboriginal Excellence Program.
MLSHS is highly regarded in the community and has a rich history of student success and achievement and this tradition continues today with a commitment to the attainment of personal best and excellence in all aspects of school life. A premier school in Western Australia, in the senior years it offers one of the largest ranges of subjects and certificates in the state. With the school vision of "Inspire to Aspire" and a motto of "Truth and Courtesy" there is an expectation that all staff will have high expectations for student success, a passion for education and learning and a genuine commitment to the needs of all students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Knowledge of and experience in the planning and delivery of health and fitness activities and programs;
- Ability to effectively manage a project that enhances the wellbeing and healthy activity of participants;
- Well-developed organisational skills, including the ability to work both independently and part of a team to deliver outcomes on schedule.
- Well-developed verbal communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to liaise with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Well-developed written communication skills, including the ability to prepare reports.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Mount Lawley SHS can be found by visiting www.lawley.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Michael Camilleri, Associate Principal, by telephoning 0407 994 318 or emailing Michael.Camilleri@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to three (3] pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 28 January 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.