This is an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to join one of Australia’s most innovative organisations to work within Landgate’s Survey Services team in the Location Data Services group.
As a Geodesist, you will be responsible for maintaining the State geodetic network, in order to support Landgate’s location information services. This includes maintaining standards, quality control, the physical geodetic infrastructure, database management and analysis of geodetic measurements. Your outstanding technical skills and problem-solving skills will be challenged!
Some of the specific tasks you will be performing include:
- Auditing, processing, and analysing horizontal and vertical geodetic measurements, including processing and analysing of Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) surveys and spirit-levelling surveys.
- Performing survey network adjustments and complex geodetic calculations.
- Integrating new survey observations into the state geodetic database.
- Maintaining and developing appropriate standards to ensuring compliance of survey measurements and fieldbooks.
- Undertake survey field work as required.
- Being highly proactive and Innovative in supporting projects that add value to the State Geodetic Infrastructure.
What you will bring
We are seeking a self-driven, result oriented and innovative thinker with relevant technical expertise in surveying and geodesy. To be successful in this role, you should be able to demonstrate your ability to:
- Perform geodetic calculations and datum transformations,
- Capture survey observations.
- Have highly developed mathematical, analytical, conceptual, investigative and problem-solving skills, including your ability to collect, analyse, organise and present information effectively.
- Have well-developed verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills that enables successful interaction and cooperation within the team and our customers and stakeholders.
- Have a proven track record of achieving deliverables and activities within deadlines.
- Think independently and creatively to improve work processes.
To be eligible for appointment to this role, you must also possess a relevant Spatial Science degree.
Our values are vitally important to how we do our business - so you will need to show us how your talents and expertise match your ability to work in a way that reflects them.
Our values are: Innovate & Achieve, Commit & Act, Dynamic & Engaged, Honest & True.
It’s not essential, however any experience with the following software would be an advantage (Trimble Business Centre, QGIS, FME, Python).
Check out our website, where you will find out more about Landgate including our Values and what we can offer you.
Want to know more?
Speak to Mario Milos who could be your new leader, he can be reached on 08 9273 7114 or email Mario.Milos@landgate.wa.gov.au (please don’t send your application here).
Does this sound like you? If so, don’t delay, apply today!
If you don’t want to miss out on this great opportunity, apply now by:
- Submitting a covering letter, no more than two pages, that demonstrates you have the skill set and experience we are looking for (as stated under ‘What you will bring’).
- Tell us how you will apply the Landgate values into this role and the contribution you will make.
- Provide a comprehensive resume that clearly shows your talents and make sure you highlight your key achievements that show us that you go above and beyond.
Vacancies will be offered on a permanent or fixed term basis. If a similar vacancy in a similar location becomes available in the next 12 months, applicants deemed suitable may be considered.
The recommended applicants will be required to provide a current National Police Clearance prior to offer of appointment that is less than six months old. It is the responsibility of the applicant to incur all costs associated with a Police Clearance.
Please make sure you get your application to us by the closing time as we are unable to accept late applications