Teacher, $78,397 - $113,568 per annum (SEA GA 2021)
Do you want to start your teaching career in a dynamic and inspirational position?
If you are a graduate teacher, this pool is an opportunity for you to express your interest in teaching positions in Western Australia’s public schools.
We offer rewarding career opportunities in public education and a range of attractive professional and personal benefits, including:
- attractive allowances in most country areas of up to $13,730 a year
- graduate teacher allowance of up to $1,600 a year in the first two years of teaching
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- 12 weeks’ vacation leave (school holidays)
- more than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
- subsidised accommodation where applicable
This is your opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of children and young people through innovative lesson planning, creative classroom delivery and inspiring a passion for learning.
Teaching positions may be available on a full-time, part-time, permanent or fixed term basis.
Who can apply
You can apply to this pool for teaching opportunities in Western Australia’s public schools, if you:
- are in your final semester of study in early childhood education or primary education; or
- are in your final year of study in secondary education; or
- have graduated with a qualification in early childhood education, primary or secondary education; or
- are in the first two years of teaching.
If you are interested in casual (relief) teaching and have completed your teaching qualification, you can also apply to our Casual Teacher Pool.
How the process works
Principals may consider qualified and eligible applicants for suitable vacancies by matching your qualifications, skills, experience and location preferences to their vacancy.
You must have had your application accepted to this pool, and have had confirmation at the time a vacancy is listed, to be considered for an employment opportunity. Early offers may be made to pending graduates, based on the commencement date of the vacancy falling after your expected graduation date.
If you have accepted a fixed term placement, you will only be considered for further placements if they are:
- permanent; or
- an increased work fraction; or
- for a longer period of time.
If you are currently a permanent teacher with the Department your Principal/Line Manager will need to approve your release before you can accept a fixed-term appointment at another school or location.
Applying for this Graduate Teacher Pool does not guarantee appointment. Principals may choose to fill vacancies using other options such as local recruitment activities or advertising positions.
If you have participated in the WA Department of Education Leap Program (formerly known as the Switch Program) you should indicate on your online application that you are qualified to teach in your Leap qualification area and/or existing qualification area, even prior to completion of the program.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online. Select “Apply for Job” at either the top or bottom of this advertisement and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- the completed online application form;
- a comprehensive, up-to-date CV;
- identification (i.e. birth certificate, passport, change of name documentation – marriage certificate). Please note we do not accept driver’s licences.
- evidence of eligibility to work in Australia, including Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian work permit (i.e. citizenship papers, Australian work visa with date of entry - Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO)
- evidence of your current Western Australian teacher registration (from the Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia), OR a TRBWA acknowledgement of receipt of application to show you have applied for (provisional) Western Australian teacher registration;
- final academic transcripts identifying your course of study, including copies of undergraduate degrees and any postgraduate qualifications (if applicable). Web printouts are acceptable. Your transcripts must include:
- your name
- university name
- course name
- units completed
- current enrolment/course completion or conferral date
- two professional referees – one of which should be your current or most recent line manager where possible.
It is recommended that you have all of the above documents ready to attach before clicking the “Apply for Job” button.
When completing your online application you will be asked to nominate the schools where you would be interested in working. Please only nominate schools where you would accept a position.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive a confirmation email.
If you do not receive a confirmation email, or are experiencing any trouble submitting your online application, please contact Staff Recruitment and Employment Services on (08) 9264 4127.
As suitable vacancies arise, you may be contacted by schools to discuss details relevant to specific vacancies. Your referees may be contacted to verify your skills/experience.
Eligibility for employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check through the Department of Education Screening Unit, a valid Working with Children Check (https://workingwithchildren.wa.gov.au) and Western Australian teacher registration. These must be confirmed prior to commencing employment.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications.
EMAILED AND HARD COPY APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED