The Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage engages with Aboriginal Western Australians and all levels of Government to improve the delivery of services and to facilitate the development of policy and programs, which deliver suitable economic, environmental and social benefits to Aboriginal communities.
We are seeking an experienced individual to undertake the role of Senior Heritage Officer (Geraldton). This is a permanent fulltime position. Aboriginality is a genuine occupational requirement of this position under Section 50D of the WA Equal Opportunity Act.
Reporting to the Team Leader Regions, the successful candidate will:
- Undertake project work relating to Aboriginal heritage, across Western Australia in line with the strategic direction of the heritage directorate including the provision of advice to external stakeholders relating to the Aboriginal Heritage Act 1972
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop heritage projects to preserve and protect Aboriginal Sites
- Support the Team Leader in identifying and achieving heritage outcomes in line with the agreed Directorate outcomes.
Please see the JDF for more information - it provides details about the duties and the job related requirements which will be used to select the successful candidate. Suitable candidates, not selected to fill this vacancy, may be considered for other employment opportunities (in like positions and like locations) over the next 12 months.
For positions in Geraldton you may also be eligible for regional benefits including:
For Further Information: Please contact Robert Reynolds on (08) 9845 7330 for information about the role. To obtain the application package simply click on the link below, telephone (08) 6551 8049 or email email@example.com. This information is also available in alternative formats upon request.
Application Instructions: To apply for this role, please submit the following:
- a completed application form
- a detailed and current resume; and
- a written statement (no more than two pages) describing your suitability for the role against the following four job related requirements:
- Demonstrated experience in effectively and sensitively communicating with Aboriginal Australians
- Demonstrated sound experience in project management, including planning and the ability to deliver projects on time
- Knowledge of and/or experience in current issues and trends in Aboriginal affairs
- Demonstrated high level written communication and interpersonal skills including oral, negotiation and facilitation.
You are encouraged to apply on line by clicking the Apply for Job button. If you are experiencing technical difficulties, please contact Human Resources on (08) 6551 8049. Applicants applying online are required to complete the online application form.
Substantive Equality Statement: The department is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
CLOSING DATE: Monday, 2 October 2017 at 5.00pm
LATE APPLICATIONS CANNOT BE ACCEPTED.