Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS864128
Please note as of 2.50PM (AWST) on Thursady, 23 Novemeber 2023 this vacancay had amendments made to tenure
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term - part time (0.5FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2024
Kojonup District High School (DHS) is seeking a motivated, friendly Education Assistant – Mainstream to join their team.
As an Education Assistant – Mainstream you will assist in the delivery of planned education programs that will help in the development of the whole child. In this role you will collaborate and work in a team environment, and ideally possess good organisational skills as well as good written and oral communication skills to enable the implementation of individual or small group programs, as well as the ability to support general health and well-being of students.
The successful applicant should possess the ability to assist in teaching literacy, numeracy and social skills. Under teacher direction, you may implement individual or small group programs or demonstrations and assist in the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment and school resources. You should also assist the teacher with care and supervision of students during class activities and excursions, as well as assisting the teacher with the general care and well-being of the students.
Growth through Learning is our vision at Kojonup District High School and it is embedded in everything that we do. At our school, we ensure that every student's academic, social and emotional growth is our priority. Students from Kindergarten to Year 10 work in an environment that nurtures them to achieve their personal best.
We have a proud history and have served our community since 1863. Located on the Albany Highway between Perth and Albany, our 230 students have the added bonus of a 480 acre school farm close by.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Kojonup District High School can be found by visiting www.kojonupdhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Lauren Suttie, Deputy Principal for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Kojonup by telephoning (08) 9831 3300 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 5 December 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.