The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in the provision of world-class public transport services and solutions. As an essential service in a fast-growing economy, Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, cleanest and safest networks in the world. The continued growth of our network is vital, and this is assured through our many current and future projects. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
As a Maintenance Officer Building Services, you will monitor the delivery of repair and maintenance to the facilities, air-conditioning, electrical, mechanical services, emergency equipment, associated SCADA systems and any building related equipment. This includes monitoring and coordination of preventive, corrective and breakdown maintenance to ensure completion, compliance to requirements and adhere to applicable safety processes.
The successful candidate will have good interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with others and sound problem solving skills with an ability to use initiative.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Possession of a Trades Certificate or demonstrated experience working in multi-disciplinary maintenance and/or project activities.
- Proven experience supervising staff and/or contractors in multi-disciplinary projects or building activities.
- Very good knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Safety and Health Act and Regulations particularly in relation to safe work practices.
- Ability to use relevant computer applications (including Microsoft Office), with a demonstrated capacity to maintain complete and accurate records.
This is a pool recruitment process where suitable applicants will be placed in a pool for 12 months from which permanent or fixed term appointments with the possibility of further extension(s) and/or permanency will be made. Currently there is one (1) full time permanent position available for immediate appointment. Part-time and flexible working arrangements will be considered.
Equity and Diversity
The Facilities Infrastructure branch is committed to improving employment opportunities and outcomes for Indigenous Australians and women. As a measure to achieve equality and support, section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA) will apply to this position. People from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences are encouraged to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and women.
What we can offer:
- Access to a range of flexible working conditions.
- Training & Development opportunities
- Health & Wellbeing programs including an onsite gym
- Subsidised corporate apparel and spectacles
- An opportunity for key involvement with WA Infrastructure projects which will make a difference in WA for many generations to come!
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Please contact Mr Raymond Victor, Manager Facilities & Infrastructure on (08) 9326 3937 for specific information about the role.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A current CV with two-work related referees;
- A covering letter outlining your relevant skills, abilities and suitability for the position as per the JDF; and
- A completed Integrity and Qualification Consent Form (attached) as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Please note to be eligible for appointment to a position, suitable applicants will be required to undertake a full and comprehensive medical assessment.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro-forma applications will be accepted.