Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE847707
Are you capable of making decisions, using your initiative, and collaborating with others?
Can you communicate with a range of staff to influence positive results, motivate productivity, and meet client outcomes within tight timeframes?
As a Senior Recruitment Officer, you will provide an efficient customer focused service that supports line managers deliver best practice recruitment, selection, and appointment processes, including the provision of quality assurance and compliance advice. Through the provision of expert advice and assistance to both internal and external clients, you will successfully research and investigate issues to provide innovative and compliant workable solutions.
Working closely with other Senior Recruitment Officers and Recruitment Officers, you will provide professional advice and support, ensuring that services provided to internal and external clients is clear, concise, and supported by relevant Departmental policy, Awards and Agreements. You will provide training and support to Recruitment Officers to ensure the administration, facilitation and delivery of recruitment, selection and appointment practices support line managers and selection panels.
You will encourage and promote a positive work environment, whilst supporting continuous improvement by proactively initiating and implementing change to current work practices, user guides, and online recruitment operations to better support services for our clients. Through regular liaising and consultation with the Recruitment Systems Support team, you will ensure accurate recording of recruitment processes and documentation using the Department’s online recruitment system.
With a focus on meeting both individual and team goals, you will possess a genuine desire and willingness to support others. In collaboration with your peers, you will use your initiative to efficiently delegate and coordinate day-to-day work requests to ensure that daily client service needs are managed effectively whilst encouraging team motivation through positive, clear/open, and constructive communication.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria:
1. Knowledge and experience in the application of recruitment, selection and appointment process, policies and procedures
3. Knowledge and experience in the use of computerised Human Resource Management Information Systems and/or other complex databases, with the ability to report on, review and evaluate system related data to ensure accuracy and compliance.
5. Initiative and high-level organisational skills, including the ability to plan and prioritise tasks to meet deadlines, maintain confidentiality and exercise judgement and discretion.
Shortlisted applicants will have their skills and experiences in relation to the remaining selection criteria (2 and 4) assessed in the further stages of the recruitment process. Remaining selection criteria can be found on the attached Job Description Form (JDF).
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF attached.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Davina Goh or Maria Zapantis, Recruitment Operations Coordinator by telephoning (08) 9264 8735 or emailing Davina.Goh@education.wa.edu.au or Maria.Zapantis@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing Work Related Requirements 1, 3 and 5 only in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details of two (2) work-related referees who can attest to your claims, one being your current line manager. Please note that you may be requested to provide a third (3rd) referee to substantiate any further responses during the merit selection process.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 10 October 2023.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED