Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA845085
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024
Ashdale Secondary College (SC) is looking for a Program Coordinator - Specialist Autism Learning Program (SALP) for Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) to deliver specialist learning programs to support students with ASD to access mainstream education. The successful applicant should adopt evidence-based practice and pedagogy to meet the needs of students with ASD. As a key school leader, you will work closely with the Executive team to provide professional leadership in the program and promote inclusivity and positive educational outcomes for students in the SALP program.
The successful applicant for this role will ideally work in a shared, collaborative arrangement with staff, providing professional leadership in the program and the whole school, building the capacity of staff to support students with Autism. As part of the Senior Leadership Team, you should contribute strategically to whole school strategic planning.
The successful applicant should have excellent interpersonal skills and be committed to providing and fostering high levels of student engagement, academic growth, and personal achievement within an environment where diversity and success is celebrated. You should lead specialist staff to work with classroom teachers to effectively differentiate learning activities and prioritise individual learning needs of students.
Ashdale SC is a distinctive, world class, educational community of excellence where all students are motivated to strive to achieve their best and to realise their potential in a values-rich environment. The focus of the College is on student engagement and wellbeing so that they feel valued at all times. The College measures its effectiveness through the achievement and character of our students and the integral part it plays in the community. A partnership founded on strong relationships between students, teachers, parents and the community is the enduring platform upon which the College is built.
Students at Ashdale are equipped with, and confident in the use of, new blends of skills and knowledge necessary to achieve their individual potential throughout their lives. They are also developing the capabilities necessary for healthy living and lifelong learning. They are building social and emotional resilience, supported by clear, ethical and effective pastoral care. This ensures students are given the opportunities to develop the confidence they need to play an active part in the life of their school, family, community and nation while being successfully prepared for future transitions from home to school to work or further study.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience, knowledge, and high-level skills in applying evidence based methodologies and interventions for individual education plans.
- Professional knowledge, and the ability to apply this knowledge, to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for students.
- Highly developed leadership skills in a diverse range of educational settings.
- High-level communication, interpersonal and public relation skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships to achieve planned outcomes.
- High-level conceptual and analytical skills, together with the proven ability to provide innovative solutions to complex problems and issues.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ashdale Secondary College can be found by visiting ashdalesc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Robb Cross, Deputy Principal, by telephoning 6207 1300 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
During the school holiday period, please contact Jacquie Bogunovich, Principal, on 0460 028 355
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- hold a recognised teaching qualification and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia.
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- complete the Department’s induction program within 3 months of commencement.
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within 6 months of appointment.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 6 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.