Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE821908
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 10.5 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
The Role and our Branch
The Kimberly Education Region is seeking a highly motivated Administrative Assistant to join their team.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The Administrative Assistant will provide clerical and administrative support to the work unit, including basic research whilst providing administrative support for meetings and conferences, including organising events and preparing agendas. The successful applicant will prepare, process and deliver correspondence, action routine matters by drafting responses and preparing basic reports whilst maintaining an effective correspondence filing system for corporate information and records relating to projects, initiatives, committees and other activities.
As the successful applicant you will manage incoming telephone calls, visitor enquiries, diary appointments, meetings, interview schedules, emails and other communications. You will also assist with hospitality and travel arrangements, including preparing travel documents and booking flights and accommodation.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated well developed knowledge and experience in administrative and clerical functions
- Demonstrated well developed keyboarding and computer skills including a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and word processing
- Demonstrated organisational skills with the ability to use initiative and work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated well developed verbal communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with officers at all levels
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in account payments and monitoring expenditure for a work unit
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Jamieson Coltman, Coordinator Regional Operation by telephoning (08) 9192 0830 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 9 June 2023.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.