Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS820699
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2023
Safety Bay Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint an Special Needs Education Assistant (SNEA) – Lead to join their team.
The role of the SNEA - Lead is to work closely with the Head of Learning Support to lead, mentor, coach and model good practices for other Education Assistants. The successful applicant will plan and deliver the worksite induction and training of other Education Assistants. They will assist in the performance management of Education Assistants, including conducting classroom observations and providing feedback. In consultation with teachers, parents/caregivers and the Student Case Management Team, or other relevant professionals, the SNEA - Lead will be expected to contribute to the design and implementation of documented plans and to provide solutions and support to teachers, which promote positive student behaviour and improved educational outcomes in the classroom.
At Safety Bay SHS, we are proud of our ability to provide a high-quality public education for all our students. We promote excellence in a wide array of pursuits and work with the community to build a bright future for all of our students. Our school community is committed to ensuring students strive to 'Imagine, Believe and Achieve', our school motto, which highlights our aspirational nature.
Situated on the coast 50 kilometres south of Perth, Safety Bay SHS is an Independent Public Secondary School catering for approximately 1260 students in Years 7 to 12. We challenge our students to develop the capacity to be lifelong learners where every member of the school community is challenged to 'Imagine with all our minds, Believe with all our heart and Achieve with all our might.’
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of the delivery of education programs and/or behaviour management plans; and ability to identify problems and assist teachers and other Education Assistants in the development of strategies and solutions.
- Well developed oral communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to lead, mentor, coach, induct and train other Education Assistants and professional teams, including providing advice and evaluating education programs.
- Well developed written communication skills, including report writing, and the ability to coordinate, collect and present student data at a whole school community level in a meaningful way.
- Well developed organisational skills, including the ability to coordinate staff rosters and relief to assist in the delivery of effective education programs.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Safety Bay Senior High School can be found by visiting www.safetybay.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Alison Cousins, Business Support Officer by telephoning (08) 9528 9200 or emailing Alison.Cousins@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check • complete the Department’s induction program within 3 months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within 6 months of appointment
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 31 May 2023.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.