Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS811125
This is a permanent part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2023
Gladys Newton School is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Cleaner to join their friendly team!
The successful applicant will be responsible for carrying out internal and external cleaning duties which will include window cleaning, dusting, and removal of cobwebs. You will communicate with the Cleaner-In-Charge and follow directions to complete other cleaning duties as instructed. The successful applicant will ideally have good attention to detail and will be able to work well with others to ensure a clean and safe school environment. You should be organised, reliable and punctual. You should work well both individually and as part of a team, and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices.
Gladys Newton Independent Public School is proud to be a centre of excellence, creating opportunities for success for students aged 4 -18 years with intellectual disabilities, autism and severe mental health issues. Our school is a leader in providing educational programs for students on the autism spectrum requiring a reduction in environmental stimuli enabling them to achieve academically as well as learn to self-regulate their anxiety and behaviour.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about Gladys Newton School please visit gladysnewtonschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Olga White, Manager Corporate Service, by telephoning (08) 9413 1900 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A one (1) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
And complete the Department’s:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement
- Induction program within three months of commencement
- Online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 3 April 2023
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS LISTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.