Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE799270
This is a fixed term eleven (11) month vacancy commencing ASAP with possible extension
Please note that an amendment to the closing date of this advertisement has been made as of 2:33pm (WST) Wednesday, 18 January 2023
The Role and our Branch
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced online learning specialist to join our Capability Support branch in Service Design and Support. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual who can work effectively within teams and across the business through establishing collaborative partnerships with stakeholders to drive the successful delivery of online learning systems, projects or strategies.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The Service Design and Support Directorate sits within the Statewide Services division which provides the services and supports required by schools to enable student achievement, with a focus on those students and schools that need it most. It encompasses both school and system-facing service delivery.
The Service Design and Support directorate is responsible for strategy, policy, program and operational support to Statewide Services, providing shared functions and supports that enable the professional capability and service delivery teams to improve services for schools.
The Capability Support branch leads and manages the implementation and coordination of online learning systems and tools for use in schools and for staff professional learning across the organisation. The branch oversees and manages processes for the production and publication of classroom and professional learning resources. We support the development and delivery of identified system professional learning and resource development priorities and provide expert advice to support the delivery of Statewide Services systems.
As Senior Consultant – Online you will play a key role in supporting the design, development, and delivery of online professional learning through your knowledge of contemporary online learning practices and instructional design; and abilities to apply a continuous improvement approach.
In this role you will:
- Provide consultative support and training to schools and business areas in the use of online learning systems and tools
- Undertake quality assurance assessments to inform the production of quality learning materials and resources suitable for online learning
- Contribute to projects regarding online learning or digital strategies to support teaching and learning.
The successful applicant will ideally be customer focused, and have strong interpersonal skills, working within teams across business units to ensure integrated service delivery to schools and the system.
A background in the implementation and/or administration of an enterprise learning management system and experience in project management and/or change management approaches would be beneficial.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of current and emerging technologies for the development and delivery of online learning and projects in an adult learning context together with relevant knowledge of alternative and innovative learning methods.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the planning, designing, implementation and delivery of effective professional learning programs in a face to face and online context.
- Demonstrated highly developed research, conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to generate strategies which address issues, solve complex problems and inform decision making.
- Demonstrated highly developed written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in project management and successful implementation of digital and audio-visual resources into online professional learning initiatives.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Julie Bassett, Manager - Capability Building by telephoning (08) 9264 5107 or emailing Julie.Bassett2@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 27 January 2023.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.