Please note that an amendment to the closing date of this advertisement has been made as of 4:30pm (WST) Friday, 27 January 2023
Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE786432
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
The Role and our Branch
The Communications directorate is seeking to appoint a highly motivated business coordinator to join the team.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with experience in coordinating finance and administration services to join our team in this new position. Our successful candidate will support and advise managers and other staff across the Communications directorate in human resource management, as well as budgeting, contract management, and financial data analysis, planning and reporting. You will assist in the coordination and monitoring of funding and resource agreements across the directorate.
In this role you will coordinate the financial and administrative services of the directorate including identifying procurement needs and arranging the purchase of assets and goods and services in accordance with policy and procedures.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated experience coordinating finance and administration services.
- Demonstrated strong financial management skills, including financial and data analysis, interpretation, planning, and reporting.
- Demonstrated strong human resource management knowledge and skills.
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain stakeholder relationships in a dynamic environment.
Critical thinking / Problem solving
- Well-developed research, analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to develop innovative solutions and provide evidence-based recommendations.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and contribute to the achievement of team outcomes.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Jessica Hek, A/Principal Consultant - Stakeholder Engagement and Media by telephoning (08) 9264 4560 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 27 January 2023
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.