Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS760149
John Forrest Secondary College (SC) are seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2023 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2023 school year.
Suitable applicants will carry out internal cleaning duties, in accordance with the Department’s procedures. The duties include the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, drinking troughs and other items of general cleaning. In addition to this, suitable applicants will also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of veranda, undercover areas and stairwells, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-in-Charge.
In this role you will ideally have good attention to detail and will be able to work well both individually and as part of a team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. You should be organised, honest, reliable, and punctual and have suitable knowledge of cleaning chemicals and be able to use cleaning equipment, including polishers, vacuum cleaners, carpet shampooers and pressure cleaners.
Based in Morley with excellent transport links, John Forrest SC is undergoing an exciting $50 million building program with new buildings scheduled to open throughout 2022 and 2023.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about John Forrest SC please visit johnforrest.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Alicia Denman, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9473 4000 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A one (1) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents, or
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception 180 Drake Street Morley before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
And complete the Department’s:
- Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- induction program within three months of commencement
- online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3:30pm (WST) on Friday, 9 December 2022
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS LISTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.