Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS792033
We are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2023 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2023 school year.
As School Officer you will be the first point of contact for our school and be responsible for completing administrative duties including greeting all visitors, answering the telephone, and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. Suitable applicants should have a friendly, positive, and caring attitude and possess the qualities to promote excellence within our school and to interact with parents and the wider community.
We are looking for team players with excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to be organised.
As a School Officer in our busy office, you will maintain enrolment data, student attendance records and generate routine reports from the school databases. Experience in Schools Information Systems (SIMS) is highly desirable.
Applicants with excellent computer skills who have experience using word processing and data software packages are encouraged to apply. Suitable applicants will also assist with the maintenance of school facilities, assets and resources, maintain and order office supplies, distribute and collect documents, forms and mail, and collect and receipt monies in accordance with Departmental procedures.
Settlers Primary is an Independent Public School located 46 km south of Perth, in the fast-growing suburb of Baldivis in Western Australia. In 2022 there are 670 students enrolled from Kindergarten to year 6. The school has a campus of five teaching blocks and well-maintained grounds with shared community facilities. Teaching and learning environments reflect a positive and innovative attitude towards maximising learning opportunities. Cutting edge ICT ensures wireless access, laptop and iPad technology, and electronic whiteboards in all classrooms. ICT is an embedded tool for teaching and learning in an integrated curriculum. Student progress and achievement is monitored using authentic assessments and external validation. Behaviour is managed by a positive approach promoting responsibility and respect, built on a strong values-based foundation with a focus on well-being, independence and resiliency.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Settlers Primary School can be found by visiting www.settlersps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Tanya Tasovac Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9523 5750 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 5 December 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.