Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA789480
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2023
Do you want to make a positive difference in your local community?
Narrogin Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to employ a dynamic, strategic and innovative Student Services Program Coordinator to join the team in Student Services. This position is a new position beginning 2023, with the plan to help support the existing Student Services Program Coordinator, with particular focus on addressing the school’s core expectations using the Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) program.
The successful applicant will provide whole school leadership in managing student behaviour, attendance and engagement. You will ideally have a sound understanding of Department policies and legislation and work collaboratively with other Student Services staff to implement intervention strategies and monitoring processes to support all students. Highly developed interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively with staff, students, parents and the community to improve student engagement in learning is highly desirable to this role.
The Student Services Program Coordinator will directly manage student behaviour issues, in collaboration with Associate Principals, Year Coordinators, Heads of Learning Areas (HOLAs) and external agencies, as well as facilitate appropriate consequences and work with parents to encourage student learning and/or behaviour change. The successful applicant will be required to actively participate in planning around curriculum and programs which address the school’s core expectations for the Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) program. In addition, the successful applicant will exhibit real care and consideration for students with a possessed ability to build positive relationships.
The successful applicant will ideally possess the ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders in a range of circumstances including parent meetings and case conferences, referrals to support agencies and restorative practice discussions between individuals following conflict. You will support activities and initiatives developed by the Student Services Team to progress positive student-staff relationships. It is expected that the successful applicant will collaborate with the extended Student Services team (including School Psychologist, Chaplain, Academies & Aboriginal and Islander Education Officers) and families to facilitate development of Individual Behaviour and Risk Management Plans for students with ongoing behavioural issues and to develop proactive strategies at a class, year or whole school level to address key issues within the school.
Narrogin SHS has an improvement agenda focused on improving student outcomes through consistent approaches to pedagogy and positive behaviour strategies. We require teachers who value and can build strong positive relationships with students and the community, so we are looking for applicants who can work effectively with all of our stakeholders to achieve the best educational outcomes for students. Our school has a very welcoming and supportive staff who work together to improve the learning outcomes of all students. A strong professional learning and coaching program supports new staff to grow their skills and many opportunities to attend professional learning are provided.
Narrogin SHS is situated in the heart of Western Australia's rich agricultural area and with over 650 students we are the largest Senior High School in the region, with three local feeder primary schools and TAFE that work closely with the school. Narrogin is a major service and educational centre about two hours’ drive (193 km) from Perth and has the convenience of a country town with the benefits of a regional city. The hinterland is a farming area, with grain and wool production the major primary activities. The town’s motto Love the Life is true to form with many activities and events for everyone to enjoy. Appointed applicants are eligible for subsidised quality housing and relocation costs.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Narrogin Senior High School can be found by visiting www.nshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Tara Percival, Associate Principal, by telephoning (08) 9881 9300 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four to five (4-5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements two (2) and three (3), in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 2 December 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.