Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS781720
Northam Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2023 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2023 school year.
About the Role
Suitable applicants will be responsible for carrying out internal and external cleaning duties which will include window cleaning, dusting, and removal of cobwebs. You will communicate with the Cleaner In Charge and follow directions to complete other cleaning duties as instructed. Suitable applicants will ideally have good attention to detail and will be able to work well with others to ensure a clean and safe school environment. You should be organised, reliable and punctual. You should work well both individually and as part of a team and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices.
About the School
Northam SHS stands on the bank of the Avon River and has a proud and rich history of providing a comprehensive curriculum to students in Years 7 to 12 from the Northam and surrounding Wheatbelt districts students. At Northam SHS, we build positive, honest and connected relationships to ensure that our students can contribute to their current and future communities. Our vision is 'A Community United' and the four values that underpin our vision are Courage, Collaboration, Connection and Communication.
With over 600 students, we are the largest school in the Wheatbelt region of Western Australia. Northam SHS is a school where everyone matters and where our students all want to leave the school with clear pathways and opportunities for success.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about Northam Senior High School please visit www.northamshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job-related information:
You are encouraged to contact Suealla Hammer, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Northam, by telephoning (08) 9621 6300 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current Line Manager; and
- A two (2) page cover letter addressing the Work-Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents; or
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception, 38 Kennedy Street, Northam, WA 6401, before the closing date and time.
The application form for hand delivered applications can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
And complete the Department’s:
- Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course;
- Induction program within three months of commencement;
- Online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- Training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3:30 pm (WST) on Tuesday, 6 December 2022.
PROFORMA, FAXED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.