Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS779887
We are seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2023 school year up until the end of Term 1, 2024. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2023 school year up to the end of Term 1, 2024.
As a Cleaner at our school you will play a vital function in creating and maintaining a clean, safe and hygienic area for our staff, students and the community to enjoy. We are seeking applicants who can work effectively in a team environment and who will be able to carry out internal and external cleaning duties.
This role requires an incumbent who takes pride in their work and who can use their initiative, while being able to follow instructions from the Cleaner in Charge.
Kent Street Senior High School (SHS) is proud to be an Independent Public School located within 5 kilometres of the Perth CBD. We cater for a diverse clientele, some who travel great distances to engage in our Approved Specialist Programs, or reside at the Rotary Residential College located onsite.
We also work as part of the Curtin Education Community to actively engage our local primary schools in the Victoria Park area, with the ultimate aim that Kent Street becomes their recognised and respected secondary school of choice.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about Kent Street Senior High School please visit kentstreetshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Kay Edgar, Cleaner In Charge by telephoning 0401 683 252 or emailing Kay.Edgar@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
And complete the Department’s:
- aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- induction program within three months of commencement
- online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 8 December, 2022.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS LISTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.