Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS788931
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2023.
Gilmore College are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated School Officer to join their team.
As the first point of contact for staff, students, and visitors to our school, you should be confident, organised, and approachable. In this role, you will be responsible for completing a wide range of administrative duties. Based on the reception desk, it is imperative to be professionally presented and have good level customer service and interpersonal skills. This role also incorporates a high volume of student contact in relation to attendance and experience with dealing with youth would be beneficial.
We are seeking an individual who is passionate and hardworking. This person should possess the ability to build and maintain effective relationships quickly with all stakeholders. They should be energetic, motivated, and organised. The ability to work without supervision and work well within a team is highly desirable. Initiative and proactivity will also be looked upon favourably. Gilmore College has a busy reception area, and the successful applicant should have the ability to remain calm when working under pressure. Ideal applicants will be flexible to allow for engagement with learning opportunities to increase skills.
Gilmore College is an Independent public school which opened in 2008 continuing 52 previous years of secondary education provided by Kwinana Senior High School. The school continues the education of students from within the City of Kwinana area primary schools.
Students thrive in an inclusive environment consisting of Australian Indigenous, European, African, Sub-Continental, Middle Eastern, Asian and Pacific Island Nations' people. Our moral purpose to meet the unique learning potential of all our students through positive relationships drives interactions between all our school community members.
Our positive behaviour school acronym is S.O.A.R. which stands for Supportive, Organised, Aspirational and Resilient and creates a tone for our welcoming environment. We provide a comprehensive curriculum with pathways to university, further study, training and employment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work-related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these works related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Gilmore College can be found by visiting www.gilmorecollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Jessica Hammill, Human Resources Manager, by telephoning (08) 6595 2737 or emailing Jessica.email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work-Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within 3 months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within 6 months of appointment.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 8 December 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.