Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE787643
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing ASAP
The Role and our Branch
The Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia (TRBWA) is seeking a highly motivated individual with experience in policy development and implementation within a legislative framework and developing and applying associated administrative processes.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
As a strong team player, the successful applicant will be confident working in a regulatory environment on a range of policy, business process and quality assurance activities to support the functions and work of the Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia. With a stakeholder focus, the Senior Strategic Analyst provides advice in relation to current National and State issues, initiatives and regulatory matters that are strategically significant and have implications for teacher registration and the accreditation of initial teacher education programs.
It is expected that you are able to work collaboratively within and across teams and are comfortable using a quality improvement approach to your work which is client centred and stakeholder focused.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated experience in policy development within a regulatory environment, with the ability to review and make recommendations on policy.
- Demonstrated well-developed research, analytical and conceptual skills for sourcing and reviewing detailed information, reporting on outcomes and making recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret, apply and comply with legislation and policy frameworks.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to quality systems and continuous improvement processes to achieve outcomes and delivery quality products and services consistent with stakeholder needs.
Shortlisted applicants will have their skills and experiences in relation to the remaining selection criteria assessed in the further stages of the recruitment process. Remaining selection criteria can be found on the attached Job Description Form (JDF).
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Rebecca McNeilage, A/Assistant Director, Policy and QA by telephoning (08) 9223 9122 or emailing Rebecca.McNeilage@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 7 December 2022
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.