Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS788938
This is a three (3) month fixed term, part-time (0.25FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2023 with possible extension and/or permanency
Providing an empowering environment for life-long learning!
Wagin District High School (DHS) is seeking a dedicated Cleaner to join their friendly team.
About the Role
As a Cleaner you will be responsible for internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. In addition, you will also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs and other general cleaning duties. During vacation times, you will also undertake the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandas and undercover areas.
In this role you will ideally have good attention to detail and will be able to work well both individually and as part of a team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. You should be organised, honest, reliable, and punctual and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods, and practices.
The Cleaner supports the Department of Education’s main objective of teaching and learning of students by ensuring that the college facilities are cleaned and maintained in accordance with Department of Education procedures.
About the School
At Wagin DHS our goal is to provide an empowering environment for life-long learning. Our school provides educational opportunities for students from Kindergarten to Year 10. We aim to support our students to fully engage with their learning through fostering respectful and understanding relationships between students, staff and families. Our school motto of 'Aim High' encourages the entire Wagin DHS community to continually strive to do our best.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about Wagin District High School please visit www.wagindhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job-related information:
You are encouraged to contact Alicia Turner, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Wagin, by telephoning (08) 9861 3200 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current Line Manager; and
- A two (2) page cover letter addressing the Work-Related Requirements, detailing your experience in the context of the role and business needs of the school.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
And complete the Department’s:
- Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course;
- Induction program within three months of commencement;
- Online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- Training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:00pm (WST) on Friday, 9 December 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.