Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS786362
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2023 with possible extension and/or permanency
As the School Officer you will be required to undertake a wide range of administrative and customer focused support services within a school context which utilises strong Information Tehcnology (IT) skills using various Department of Education databases.
Yanchep Secondary College (SC) is committed to providing young people with high quality, comprehensive education that allows our students and teachers to reach their potential. We have programs for students from Year 7 to 12 with many pathways for students to succeed, including university, further training, or employment. Our college is continuing to grow and will have additional general teaching buildings built in the future. Yanchep SC offers all staff the opportunity to develop and grow.
The role involves the use of a number of Microsoft and web base software packages. An understanding of Schools Information System (SIS), Consent 2 Go, SEQTA, Fault reporting and Routine Maintenance program (Programmed FM) would be advantageous. This position will be working closely with the Manager Corporate Services and the Facilities staff.
The successful applicant will ideally have good interpersonal skills, excellent attention to detail, and a willingness to be flexible. Strong communication is required as you will be working with visitors and contractors working on the school site. The ability to maintain a calm and professional service are important as well as the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Yanchep Secondary College can be found by visiting yanchepsc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Carolyn Butler, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9562 8000 or emailing Carolyn.Butler2@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 5 December 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.