Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS765318
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2022
Excelsior Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, hardworking and motivated individual to fill the role of Manager Corporate Services (MCS) and join their friendly team.
The successful applicant should display effective interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence with an ability to develop constructive, respectful and positive relationships with students, staff, parents and the wider community.
As the Manager Corporate Services, you will work closely with the Principal to manage the day-to-day financial, physical and human resources aspects of the school’s business operations. To be successful in this role, you will ensure that effective financial administration of the school’s business operations is delivered, including financial progressing and reporting to ensure achievement of the school’s strategic and corporate financial objectives. In addition, you will be asked to contribute to strategic planning, monitoring and management of the school’s Information and Communications Technology (ICT) systems.
You will work as part of our school leadership team, particularly relating to targeted use of resources and workforce planning. As the successful applicant you should have excellent organisational and communication skills. You will ideally have a displayed history of working effectively as part of a collaborative team. The ability to work with all stakeholders to develop strong community relationships and links with staff, students and families is important to this role.
A thorough knowledge of the School Resourcing System, RM Finance, the Education Department Human Resource Management Information System (HRMIS), Staff Performance Management and high-level financial management skills with solid analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills is desired.
We are an independent Public School located in Canning Vale. We provide all students from Kindergarten to Year 6 with an inclusive and supportive learning environment, where we continue to work towards improving the learning outcomes for all students. For everyone at our school, every child matters every day. Our school ethos of Excite, Explore and Excel underpins all that we do.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- leadership skills in the delivery of business outcomes and sound customer service principles and practices.
- well developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to use effective negotiation skills.
- sound financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- sound human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- ability to provide input into the development, implementation and monitoring of business and marketing plans.
- sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Excelsior Primary School please visit excelsiorps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Bec Stewart, Principal, by telephoning (08) 6258 9300 or emailing Rebecca.Stewart2@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four to five (4-5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for three (3) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 30 August 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.