Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS753604
This is a permanent part-time (0.3FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2023.
Secret Harbour Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and highly motivated Education Assistant - Defence School Mentor to join their friendly team.
The role of the Education Assistant - Defence School Mentor is to minimise the impact of mobility and absence on students from defence force families. The successful applicant will ideally possess a sound understanding of the challenges faced by defence families, with a caring and empathetic nature.
Our proximity to the Garden Island Naval Base sees our school have a high population of students from defence force families. Our Defence School Mentor plays an integral role in welcoming, integrating and farewelling our defence families, as well as aiding parents and teachers to support defence students in their education.
Secret Harbour PS is a well-established school with a good reputation and high standing. Our dedicated staff work together to provide quality teaching and learning. Children work in a nurturing environment that promotes problem solving through critical and creative thinking. Well-being, learning and good physical health supports our positive school culture and students learning at their optimum.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good oral, written and interpersonal skills that demonstrate an ability to establish and maintain effective relationships, including collaboration and liaison skills within the workplace and community.
- Effective time management skills, including attention to detail and the ability to meet conflicting deadlines.
- Practical experience in working autonomously and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Understanding of the ADF organisation and additional challenges the posting cycle places upon students from an ADF family
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Secret Harbour Primary School can be found by visiting secretharbourps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Samantha Letch, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9523 3900 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two to three (2-3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 19 August 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.