Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS750160
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2022
Byford Secondary College is seeking to appoint a dynamic and motivated Business Support Officer to join their friendly team.
As the Business Support Officer, you will assist the Manager Corporate Services in the day-to-day human resources aspects of the school's operations. The successful applicant will also assist with the development and maintenance of effective networks with stakeholders to promote the school.
Key to this role is an ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced work environment with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, with minimal supervision while effectively prioritising and meeting deadlines. You will work closely with the Manager Corporate Services, independently and as part of the administration team. Experience coordinating the relief function of a high school will be highly regarded.
The ideal candidate will ideally possess excellent interpersonal skills that promote inclusivity and cohesion in the workplace. A capacity to interact with empathy while simultaneously developing and maintaining positive and professional relationships within our diverse school community is highly desired. The successful applicant will ideally have the experience and capacity to undertake a wide range of support services.
The successful applicant should have a focus on teamwork, self-motivation and model high standards of effective customer and administrative support service delivery.
Byford Secondary College is an Independent Public School located on Abernethy Road in Byford approximately 30 kilometres from the Perth CBD. Our vision, to create a vibrant and successful educational community in the heart of Byford, is highlighted by our culture of success in providing a comprehensive curriculum for the young people who attend. With approximately 1500 students, we cater for students from Years 7 to 12, including students with disabilities with our specialist inclusion facilities.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Considerable experience providing input and effective support to the development, management, implementation and monitoring of business operations, systems and plans
- Well developed financial management skills, including data analysis, interpretation and reporting, and the ability to provide recommendations
- Sound human resource management knowledge and skills, including the ability to provide effective support and input into the development, implementation and monitoring of human resource management systems and processes
- Sound verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to identify appropriate solutions
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Byford Secondary College can be found by visiting byfordsc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Beth Kempton, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9526 7700 or emailing Beth.Kempton@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 3 June 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.